Nyasha accepts instructions across all of Chambers’ practice areas. Before coming to the Bar, Nyasha worked as a civil servant, political advisor and as a management consultant. She has been widely published on Brexit, international trade policy, technology and the future of work with her research cited by major UK and international newspapers.
Nyasha maintains research affiliations with the Bingham Centre for the Rule of Law, the Harvard Kennedy School and King’s College London and acts as an advisor on rule of law issues for the Child Poverty Action Group.
Administrative & Public
Prior to pupillage Nyasha worked on a range of public law matters including:
- Lead authoring a paper for the Bingham Centre for the Rule of Law on Brexit and the Rule of Law;
- Writing for the UK Constitutional Law Association blog on constitutional law, technology and the Covid-19 pandemic;
- Writing for the EU Horizon 2020 Project Reconnect on Covid-19, Good Governance and the Rule of Law
- Co-author of a range of papers on the Modern Slavery Act 2015 and international equivalents.
During pupillage Nyasha worked on a range of public law matters including:
- Drafting grounds and appearing as a junior in a Upper Tribunal case
- Drafting Judicial Review grounds on illegality by a local authority in respect of the statutory assessment of the needs of disabled children
- Drafting SENDIST tribunal submissions
- Assisting on cases involving EHC plans
- Drafting a notice of objective to the Supreme Court
- Note on demutualization; and
- Assistance with JR Grounds on the use of algorithm for ICU triage
During pupillage Nyasha assisted on a variety of commercial and construction matters, both litigation and arbitration, including:
- The Supreme Court case of Triplepoint assisting Paul Darling QC on the issue of Liquidated Damages clauses;
- Assistance on submissions to the Grenfell inquiry
- Research on entitlement to hydrostatic insurance payments
- Terms of loan agreement and limitation periods advice
- Assistance on an NHBC Claim
- Note on business interruption and the meaning of ‘vicinity’
- Advice on a claim concerning knotweed
- Advice on a fee dispute and the structure of a novation agreement
Environment & Planning
During pupillage Nyasha assisted on a number of environmental law matters, including:
- The Stansted Planning Inquiry; and
- Advice in relation to the use of agricultural land for solar farms.
During pupillage, Nyasha has gained experience of drafting statements of case, schedules, advices and legal research notes on a variety of matters including:
- Drafting pleadings, schedules of loss and counter schedules in personal injury, clinical negligence, road traffic accident, occupiers’ liability and Fatal Accidents Act claims;
- Advice on A2 and A8 HRA Claims;
- Work on costs including a Court of Appeal costs case and a Wasted Costs order;
- Joint settlement meetings in a variety of clinical negligence and personal injury matters.