Welcome to the September 2018 Mental Capacity Report. Highlights this month include:
(1) In the Health, Welfare and Deprivation of Liberty Report: life-sustaining treatment and the courts, fertility treatment in extremis and an update on the Mental Capacity (Amendment) Bill;
(2) In the Property and Affairs Report: inheritance tax planning and the MCA;
(3) In the Practice and Procedure Report: a new Vice-President, a case study in poor care planning and its costs consequences, deprivation of liberty of children – the Court of Protection or Family Division?;
(4) In the Wider Context Report: an important decision on disability and challenging behavior, guidance from the LGA, ADASS and RCN, and deprivation of liberty looked at overseas;
(5) In the Scotland Report: disability discrimination and unfavourable treatment, AWI consultation response analysis published, and judicial training as part of increasing access to justice for people with disabilities;
You can find all our past issues, our case summaries, and more on our dedicated sub-site here.