Welcome to the June 2018 Mental Capacity Report. Highlights this month include:
(1) In the Health, Welfare and Deprivation of Liberty Report: a rare appellate level decision considering best interests (and confirming that they should be rare);
(2) In the Property and Affairs Report: (partially) endorsing an attorney’s actions after the event;
(3) In the Practice and Procedure Report: choosing litigation friends;
(4) In the Wider Context Report: the National Mental Capacity Forum reports, and an important Strasbourg re-cap of the principles applying to capacity;
(5) In the Scotland Report: a new Public Guardian and the MWC is cautious about attorneys consenting to restrictions on liberty;
You can find all our past issues, our case summaries, and more on our dedicated sub-site here.