The Public Law Podcast Understanding Integrated Care Systems
In this episode, Katherine Barnes and Rachel Sullivan interview an ICS expert, Gerard Hanratty, to guide listeners through the recent structural changes to the NHS introduced by the Health and Care Act 2022. The episode covers:
- The previous structure of the NHS
- The need for reform
- The new structure of the NHS
- An explanation of the composition of ICSs and their role
- Difficulties that may occur as the new structure 'beds in'
- The extent to which the changes are likely to achieve their policy objectives.