Mental Capacity Newsletter - August 2016
Welcome to the August 2016 Newsletters. Highlights this month include:
- In the Health, Welfare and Deprivation of Liberty Newsletter: covert medication and deprivation and further findings in relation to state imputability;
- In the Property and Affairs Newsletter: statutory wills and charitable giving and OPG guidance on professional deputy costs;
- In the Practice and Procedure Newsletter: an update on Case Management, s.49 and Transparency pilots and habitual residence strikes again;
- In the Capacity outside the COP Newsletter: assistance wanted with questionnaires on powers of attorneys/advance decisions and mediation and relevant law reform developments around the world;
- In the Scotland Newsletter: the first AWI appeal determined by the Sheriff Appeal Court and Scottish observations on habitual vs ordinary residence.
We are now taking our usual summer break, but will return in early October with all the mental capacity news that is fit to print.