Current Topics in Commercial and Construction Costs
The costs of litigation, and any form of dispute resolution have always mattered. They are going to be even more important as the world faces a deep global recession – particularly in the complex international commercial and construction disputes dealt with in the UK.
In parallel with our newly launched podcasts, Current Topics in Commercial and Construction Costs, this is the first in a series of updates on recent developments in Costs case law.
We look at two topics: issue-based costs orders and Third Party Costs orders and litigation funding, the subject of the following decisions:
- Pigot v Environment Agency  EWHC 1444 (Ch);  Costs LR 825;
- Scales v Motor Insurers' Bureau  EWHC 1749 (QB);  Costs LR 771;
- Chapelgate Credit Opportunity Master Fund Limited v James Money  EWCA Civ 246;  1 WLR 1751;
- Sharp v Blank  EWHC 1870 (Ch);  Costs LR 835; and
- Singularis Holdings Limited v Chapelgate Credit Opportunity Master Fund Limited  EWHC 1616 (Ch);  Costs LR 881.