Witness Statements: What's new in 2022?
PD57AC has been in force for over 9 months.
The courts have given guidance in a number of cases including:
- Mad Atelier International BV v Mr Axel Manes EWHC 1899 (Comm)
- Mansion Place Ltd v Fox Industrial Services Ltd  EWHC 2747 (TCC)
- Blue Manchester Ltd v Bug-Alu Technic GmbH  EWHC 3095 (TCC)
- The Sky's the Limit Transformations Ltd v Mirza  EWHC 29 (TCC)
- Prime London Holdings 11 Ltd v Thurloe Lodge Ltd  EWHC 79
Parties and their counsel, arbitrators and adjudicators are alive to the underlying issues.
Marion Smith QC, Joe-han Ho, Ruth Keating and Philippe Kuhn will present a highly practical webinar to look at the emerging trends, attempt to forecast the future and answer the following questions:
- Have there been changes to the Practice Direction?
- What is now acceptable in witness statements?
- What should the List of Documents contain?
- What is being struck out in witness statements?
- How and when should issues about witness statements be raised?
- When and what sanctions are being imposed? Has the law changed?
To view the Q&A session click HERE
To view the handout click HERE
PLEASE NOTE: These webinars are hosted by Zoom. Please visit the Zoom website for their Terms & Conditions.