The Human Rights Act Reform
Professor David Feldman QC (Hon.), Professor Paul Craig QC (Hon.) will be joined by Professor Alison Young and Jonathan Jones QC of Linklaters to present this webinar on 'The Human Rights Act Reform'. The discussion will be chaired by Vikram Sachdeva QC of 39 Essex Chambers.
Topics will include:
- Background to the current consultation - the political context, what's thought to be wrong, IHRAR, the Raab effect, where we are now;
- Focus on the general consultation issues:
- influence of Strasbourg, s. 2 of the HRA, dialogue;
- HRA and Parliament - ss. 3 and 4;
- types of rights, positive and negative obligations;
- lawfulness of incompatible acts and who is bound (if anyone) - s. 6;
- who can sue and when - victims, permission;
- Focus on particular rights/ fields:
- freedom of expression and private life etc.;
- jury trial;
Date and Time
Wednesday 23rd February @ 5pm
PLEASE NOTE: These webinars are hosted by Zoom. Please visit the Zoom website for their Terms & Conditions.