How Do Parties Now Prove Their Case?
Date and Time:
Friday 19 May, 8:30am (registration from 8am) to 10am.
39 Essex Chambers
81 Chancery Lane
Saying it is one thing, proving it another. This session, led by Professor Stavros Brekoulakis of Queen Mary University of London and Marion Smith KC, Melissa Shipley, Nicholas Higgs and James Bradford of 39 Essex Chambers, considers evidentiary issues in arbitration, including:
- Are witness statements worth the time and money?
- What makes a witness credible?
- When is pleading and proof by sampling/extrapolation appropriate? How can it be done without prejudicing enforcement?
- How can expert evidence be deployed effectively?
Meet our panelists:
- Professor Stavros Brekoulakis (School of International Arbitration at QMUL)
- Marion Smith KC
- Melissa Shipley
- Nicholas Higgs
- James Bradford
The case list used for the seminar is now available to download below.
NB: 39 Essex Chambers has full disabled accessibility measures. If you have any specific requirements that you would like us to be aware of, please contact the Marketing team at firstname.lastname@example.org.