10 Years of the Equality Act: Where are we now?
The Public Law Project are running a series of webinars and discussions titled '10 Years of the Equality Act: Where Are We Now?' Members of Chambers Victoria Butler-Cole QC and Steve Broach will be presenting webinars for the programme. The series will span seven days, beginning Monday 20th July, and is centred around the question 'what limits the law in tackling systemic discrimination?'
Topics will cover:
- Tackling systemic discrimination
- A public health approach
- Challenging discriminatory allocation of resources
- Protecting equality during a national crisis
- Evidencing systemic discrimination
- Algorithmic and data discrimination
- Funding discrimination challenges
- Gender recognition cases
- The changing role of the Equality Act following the COVID-19 crisis
Steve Broach will be speaking on Thursday (23rd July) from 11:00 – 12:30: Challenging discriminatory allocation of resources
To register for the event, please see Public Law Project's web page here.