Welcome to the May 2018 Mental Capacity Report. Highlights this month include:
(1) In the Health, Welfare and Deprivation of Liberty Report: CANH withdrawal on the papers and DOLs statistics;
(2) In the Property and Affairs Report: variation of trusts and the Court of Protection, and Charles J’s last hurrah;
(3) In the Practice and Procedure Report: a new President for the Court of Protection and a regionalization update;
(4) In the Wider Context Report: the interim report of the independent MHA review, capacity and housing, covert medication and capacity in the MHT context, and a guest article on autonomy and mental capacity;
(5) In the Scotland Report: an appreciation of the Public Guardian and an update on the AWI consultation;
You can find all our past issues, our case summaries, and more on our dedicated sub-site here.