Welcome to the March 2017 Mental Capacity Report. Highlights this month include:
(1) In the Health, Welfare and Deprivation of Liberty Report: the limits of wishes and feelings and a different take on Article 5;
(2) In the Property and Affairs Report: changes to EPA/LPA registration fees;
(3) In the Practice and Procedure Report: a further amendment to the CoP Rules, a major on the participation of P, a guest article on ground rules in cross-examination and HRA damages, costs and the LAA;
(4) In the Wider Context Report: tools to address coercive control, the MCA and immigration detention, and the second issue of the International Journal of Mental Health and Capacity Law;
(5) In the Scotland Newsletter: an important Sheriff Appeal Court decision about care charges and the divestment of assets
And remember, you can find all our past issues, our case summaries, and much more on our dedicated sub-site here. ‘One-pagers’ of the cases in these Newsletters of most relevance to social work professionals will also shortly appear on the SCIE website.