Welcome to the June 2017 Mental Capacity Report. Highlights this month include:
(1) In the Health, Welfare and Deprivation of Liberty Report: standing in the shoes of P in a difficult decision as to cancer treatment, s.21A and the LAA, Welsh DoLS and Sir James Munby P on the warpath;
(2) In the Property and Affairs Report: Charles J puts statutory wills under the spotlight and new OPG guidance on travel costs;
(2) In the Practice and Procedure Report: the minutes of the Court of Protection Court Use Group;
(3) In the Wider Context Report: an election corner special report, new resources for GPs and about ADRTs, psychiatric treatment under scrutiny from Europe and moves to secure greater cross-border protection for adults;
(4) In the Scotland Report: important perspectives on supported decision-making, independent living and legislative reform;
You are also invited to our 10th birthday party for the MCA 2005 to be held on 29 June, with the keynote speech to be delivered by Baker J and a packed programme of talks and masterclasses concerned with key aspects of the Court of Protection’s work and future. For details, and to book, see here.