Welcome to the July 2018 Mental Capacity Report. Highlights this month include:
(1) In the Health, Welfare and Deprivation of Liberty Report: an appreciation of Alastair Pitblado, the Mental Capacity (Amendment) Bill, the Joint Committee on Human Rights considers DoLS reform and fluctuating capacity;
(2) In the Property and Affairs Report: the OPG mediation pilot
(3) In the Practice and Procedure Report: court fees reductions and when to join;
(4) In the Wider Context Report: Lady Hale on Cheshire West and the CRPD, Parliamentary debates and developments and a major Council of Europe report on attorneys and advance directives;
(5) In the Scotland Report: AWI consultation responses and Sandra McDonald reflects on her time as Public Guardian;
You can find all our past issues, our case summaries, and more on our dedicated sub-site here.