The course will review the key legislation including the Care Act, Children Act and Housing Act together with the relevant case law. There will also be a consideration of changes to the support provisions which are affected by the Immigration Act 2016.
This will be an informative and practical session with a focus on understanding the law and how it should be applied.
What You Will Learn
This course will cover the following:
- ‘No recourse to public funds’ – An overview of immigration status
- Status and its effect on eligibility for local authority support under the:
- Children Act 1989 (Including care leavers)
- Care Act 2014
- Housing Act 1996
- Localism Act 2011
- When is an EEA right being exercised – Who is a ‘worker’ and when is a family member of an EEA national exercising EU residence rights?
- Human rights assessments – What these should contain
- Providing and ending the service
- The Immigration Act 2016
For full information via the MBL website, please click here.