Mental Capacity Report - May 2023
Welcome to the May 2023 Mental Capacity Report. Highlights this month include:
(1) In the Health, Welfare and Deprivation of Liberty Report: LPS on the shelf; fluctuating capacity and the interface under the judicial spotlight;
(2) In the Property and Affairs Report: the new surety bonds structure and an update on the Powers of Attorney Bill;
(3) In the Practice and Procedure Report: reporting restrictions and the Court of Appeal, and costs in serious medical treatment cases;
(4) In the Wider Context Report: DNACPR notices and disability, litigation capacity, the new SCIE MCA database, and Ireland commences the 2015 Act;
(5) In the Scotland Report: problems of powers of attorney in different settings and a very difficult Article 5 choice.
Click below to download the Screen-friendly version of the Report or the Print-friendly version of the Report.
Watch Alex's walkthrough of the Report.